Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Welcome Andrea!!

Each year we welcome a new co-op student to take on tasks in the studio. As a former music instructor I love the opportunity to teach. I really miss it. The satisfaction of showing someone something new every day.

In many cases we hire on our co-op students to work during the summer time. Tasks like, burning dvds, scanning photos, even preparing video files. It starts slow but by the end these students leave with alot of very specialized talents.


Winter is here offically and its March. Too bad I have to go to Florida (heheheheh). For those couples that wanted winter engagement photos, better call marianna in the next few days. I think this will be the last chance

Had a groom from a few years ago email me a question on printing from the digital negatives he recevied when he purchased frames and albums with us.

Hi Jean,

Hope you are doing well.

Quick question: what is the easiest way to convert the .nef files of my wedding photos

to .jpeg format without losing too much resolution?(or any other standard format).

The answer was:

The best thing for you is to download a program called picasa from google
its free andcool - and it reads raw (nef ) files
Jean


This is the same program I used to show couples a slideshow of our images this past January and February.

No comments: