Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Ho hum


So as I was driving to the office this morning after a very satisfying hour at the gym, I tried something new. I turned off the radio.

After 2 cups of coffee. 30 minutes on the treadmill. I'm get myself all worked up. My mind is going 10,000 mile a minute - my hearts pounding and I;m slowly getting tired of the traffic.

I was getting stressed. Imagine that.



So I tried changing the radio to some classical music (no jokes, I actually listen that stuff). But I still couldn't settle down. I kept going through all the things I needed to do as soon as I get to work.

So I remembered a very famous motivational speaker, Brian Tracy suggested that each of us should sit in a quiet room for 10 minutes each day. No speaking. No fidgeting - nothing.

It goes back to meditation, control and self. I slowly regained control and was able to think clearly. Without excitment. Lower my heart rate.

When I finally reached the studio I was relaxed and ready.

cool huh!

No comments: