Wednesday, October 04, 2006

What a wonderful world!!!


3 bookings this week and many more to come!!. We are slowly (quickly) closing dates off for next year - yippee.

I am meeting so many interesting people. Who cares if they don't all book. It just fun learning about them. Like - this one couple who practive a religion called Druze. Check it out a the wikipedia site http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Druze

I sometimes feel we are so segregated here in Canada. I think its the media. I find myself searching for UK radio stations and French websites to get a different perspective on world affairs.

Here a good one. I was talking to a couple about life - their work etc. (Yeah they were here to look at photography) And the bride said she wasn't happy with her job.

Well I immediately told her about Rich Dad Poor Dad. See previous posts.

In the end when she left (they booked) we had come to the conclusion that its not her job that is the problem but what she was getting out of it. Now she want to go into business for herself and the job she works at today will pay for it!!.

Wedding photography is a business. So why should that matter to you? Because there are a ton of great photographer that go out of business every year!! As successful photographers we can guarantee that after 10 years of kick ass photos were not going anywhere.

My long term goal is to make enough money in my other business to allow me just to shoot on the wedding day and get employees to handle all the editing of photos and video. In fact, as of today I spent 3/4 less time editing photos and video than I did 3 years ago. We have 3 full time editors. That leaves me to manage the team and concentrate on creativity.

No comments: