Monday, December 17, 2007

More photosto come here is a fun winter shoot.




Many couples know what they like. Nice expressions, cute poses or great candids etc. When we shoot engagement portraits we, of course do all this. But I want to make one thing clear about the photos I post on the blog.

These are my favs. In lot cases they are not going to be your favorite ones so let me explain why these are on the blog and not the others.

After shooting for so many years it would be easy for me, Marianna, Natasha and Manny to become lazy. Simply shoot the easy shots that everyone likes and go home. But as artists, we have this internal force that drives us to push our craft a little farther each time we shoot.

Take photo #1 (top) You can make the arguement that Karla and Rob are not in the middle of the photo, that its crooked, and that it looks dark.

I see passion!!! 1. the clouds look fierce. 2. the position of the couple forces you to look down from the clouds to the couple then to the tree - lot more interesting than if they were in the middle of the bullseye 3. the branch on the left is juxtaposed again the tree on the top right giving a cool foreground then couple as mid and tree as background. 4. they are not kissing - but you can tell they will be soon!!


If all I wanted to do was go in the park to collect a paycheck - believe me on a cold day that would be the day. But I remember being soooooo amazed by the snow - I think Karla and Rob got a little worried cause I was laughing so much. Of course it was cold but wow what a blast!!!

If this is your first time on the blog remember - if you click on the photos you can see full resolution images!! Feel free to register to receive email updates whenever I post and make a comment!!! We want your opinions!!

No comments: