Sunday, September 23, 2007

Day off. Nice.


Took a 2 hour nap today. Was really really nice to have a day off. After 3 weeks of 18 hour days it was starting to affect me. (effect me? need a dictionary but its my day off so grammer pusses too bad)

Each day I start at by going to the gym. After working my butt off (literally) I either go to my home office and sit at the computer for 6 hours or go to the office, and sit at my computer for 6 hours. Each evening from 6 until 12 I meet with new couples. So remember I take my coffee black hehehe - Actually at the last bridal show 6 couples brought me black coffee and Lisa brought me a mint low fat, no sugar green tea latte when I shot her video engagement session. Nice.


We booked a couple weddings this week. Since I am taking a lazy day the rest of thise section I'm stealing from a previous post. heheheh

We will only shoot 2 weddings on Saturday and one on Sunday. At the show this weekend on photographer told me I was crazy - " Just hire another photographer. The problem I have with that is what if they do a bad job? Sub contractor are just that for a reason - they cant make it on their own.

Marianna, Natasha and I have more than 30 years of experience - I know were good (and modest) People have been asking for a list of available dates. Sorry.

I LOVE to turn people away. It means that our work is good enough and in demand enough that couples make the decision to book. The operative word is decision. If I had a list online of the dates we were available for than many couples would just look see we were not available and we would never really know how many couples were interested but either waited too long or decided too late.

For 2007 the number of people who wanted to book us but when they called to give us their wedding were politely told thank but unfortunately we are booked was 78.

For 2008 that number had reached 11. So between today and March 1st 2008 I want to say sorry we are booked to 100 couples. Weird goal huh?

I've taken to buying 90% of my books online. Not only am I saving money, I can always find the book I want. Amazon has partnered with other book sellers (like thriftbooks.com) and so when I search the Amazon site for used books I get the choice of buying from these retailers as well.

Below you will see a bunch of Science Fiction books that I read as a teenager that are out of print. I've been looking for this group of books for 10 years and was so freaking happy to get them online for next to nothing. In fact, usually I pay more for shipping then the book itself.

Another cool thing is that instead of dreading the post box, (bills bills bills) I cant wait to see if any books arrived!

I also am not a neat freak. So if I can save 2$ and get a book with a ripped cover - its mine.


Here is my latest book list. I'm behind on reading.

Books

Personal Fun Reading (Yea I'm a geek so what)

  • 1 of: The Cross-Time Engineer by Frankowski, Leo a.
    Sold by: www-thriftbooks-com
  • 1 of: The Radiant Warrior by Frankowski, Leo a.
    Sold by: www-thriftbooks-com
  • 1 of: The Flying Warlord by Frankowski, Leo a.
    Sold by: www-thriftbooks-com
  • 1 of: Lord Conrad's Lady by Frankowski, Leo a.
  • 1 of: The High-Tech Knight by Frankowski, Leo a.
    Sold by: www-thriftbooks-com

Self Improvement books

  • 1 of: The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference [Paperback] by

    • 1 of: The Alchemy of Finance: Reading the Mind of the Market by Soros, George
  • 1 of: On Dreams [Paperback] by Freud, Sigmund; Eder, M. D.
    Sold by: more_for_u
  • 1 of: Einstein : His Life and Universe [Hardcover] by Isaacson, Walter

No comments: