Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Art is...


Music is art
Photography is art
Clothing design is art
Architecture is art
Painting is art
Poetry is art
Cooking is art

Wow so much art! Can you think of anything I've missed? If so click below on the comment button.

Before I was a photographer I was a musician. Actually I've played in hundreds of stadiums all over North America. I miss it a bit. Few months ago I was with a bunch of friends downtown and we went into one of the pawn shops. There was a baritone horn. None of these guys had ever seen one up close and had no clue I could play. So I made them a bet I could play in exchange for lunch at Yamato's (expensive sushi restaurant in Yorkville)

Of course I killed and damn near bought the horn. But the guy could sense I wanted and tried to gouge me, so I settled for tapanaki.

You see art is part understanding the fundamentals and part soul. Utilizing all your feelings, experiences and hopes into your own personal vision.

No comments: