Monday, July 03, 2006

I love competitions!



A few weeks ago around 3am in the morning Alex and I were sitting in the studio giddy from shooting weddings all day, talking about our adventures when we got to talking about the beginning of the interent for each of us.

For me, I remember when my parents got dial up before I did at home. Marianna was at a photo convention for the Professional Photographers of Canada. It was the first night of our marriage that we did not sleep in the same bed. I was soooooooo depressed and sad that like the suck that I am I went to my parents house.

Anyhow. I started playing on the interent with their dial up account around 6pm and became addicted immediately. In fact, I was so in love that when Marianna did call around 10pm all I cold talk about was how damn cool this web stuff was. I think even rushed her off the phone.

Without the influence of today's site design or Internet marketing I came up with plan on how my customers would most benefit from the excellencephoto.com website. We didn't have blogs but I did start the couples pages.

I had a ton of contests and I loved to have polls.

Polls are when I would take 4 photographs and let you the guest to the site vote for your favorite. At the end of the month the couple whose photo had the most votes would get a free 8x10.

Check out my new poll on the front page. Its located at the bottom.

http://www.excellencephoto.com/site/

No comments: