Friday, July 21, 2006

I'm on cruise control

I'm kicking butt on these slideshows. Finally, got Fiona and Mike's wedding up. Click here to view.

And another 3 or 4 went up today. You should start to see a counter or the Number of couples turned away for 2007. It's upto 37.

Guys - my goal is to book 45 weddings in 2007 and to reach that goal by October. Plus I want to apologise to 100 couples for NOT being able to shoot their wedding! So, if you know anyone getting married next year - get them to give us a call in August rather than September. After the 3 bridal shows in September October we will sell out for 2007 for sure.

ps - thank guys.


Ever have a dream? Not one at night, but sort of like a goal to accomplish. When I was about 14 I was growing up in a pretty rough neighbourhood. Although I can't complain, our house was right in the middle of 2 housing complexes with lots of problems. And the school I went to was made up of kids from both these areas.

Of course, when your 8, 9, 11 you don't understand the difference, but in my case my parents decided that I should transfer to another school. This had a profound effect.

You see when I went to George Syme pubic school - I was the geek. I skipped a grade. The teachers loved me. I was considered one of the rich kids. (Funny when you take into account that my parent paid $37,000 for the house and it was a 2 bedroom built in the 30's.) But in the new school I was a poor bum from the hood.

As I try to teach my children the value of honesty, and importance of character I remember the days when my own self perception took such an incredible turn. Its these events that shape who we are.

Anyhow _ guess I have no point but, it's been on my mind since a dream I've had for the past 3 nights.

No comments: