Monday, July 02, 2007

Ratatouille : Rat-a-too-ee was great


Went with the kids (and Marianna) to see Ratatouille : Rat-a-too-ee yesterday. Very funny. Its about a rat that wants to be a chef. Set in Paris, it is the perfect family movie.

And much more for us. You see, Marianna and I just celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary, just a few weeks ago. We actually went to Paris on our honeymoon.

So as the movie unfolds I kept thinking we gotta go back. So, I'm going to start my research. Whenever we travel, i always go through a very thorough review of each city.

Even if I won't be going for a few months or even years, I'll start by making a new folder for Paris bookmarks on the internet. Every time I visit a cool site about Paris ill save the link. Then I will buy a Foders travel guide.

tip: put the book in the bathroom

Once we have set the date - I begin to look at flights and hotels. I love to read reviews in tripadvisor.com - especially the bad reviews, although I take them with a grain of salt.

As we book stuff i visit the neighborhood sites looking for local events. I can't tell you how fun it is to find a local art festival.

If you are going somewhere cool add a note in the comments and people can give advice.

my next trips are

montreal in 2 weeks
new york in august
boca raton in august
boca raton in novemebr maybe october
disney cruise in december


next year possiblities
paris and monte carlo
duh florida
london
europe disney cruise
los angeles
las vegas
new york

No comments: