Tuesday, July 31, 2007

42 pound 40 to go.


So according to my Dr D. I've lost 42 pounds. Not bad if I do say so myself. And I do say so. Well I guess I just did.

Did you ever stop and look at how poorly restaurants cater to healthy people. Since going on this diet (life plan, roll my eyes) I've had a heck of a time finding places to eat. Seriously. Tim Hortons does not offer any low calorie salads, neither does McDs or Wendy's. More often than not I eat a salad from Starbucks. Yep I'm serious.

I like to dream from time to time. I remember once I had to dream of becoming one of Canada's top photographers. Done that. Had a dream about running a marathon. Done that. Opening a business in Florida. Done that.

The point of dreaming is not list your goals, but list things that would make you happy if you were about to make it happen. the journey or battle being difficult enough that when it did come true you can be proud that you and only you made a go of it.

Here are few:

  • turn away 100 couples for 2008 (were at 8 so far!)
  • I want an LR3 (Its a truck for those who dont follow)
  • take the kids to London or Paris or Tokyo or Hawaii
  • move into a bigger studio
  • take a week off every 2nd month and 2 days off a week
  • Grow THM and FHM into a North American brand
  • Build a website dedicated to the preservation of peoples memories. I want to teach people how to preserve their photos, videos and audio recordings for future generations
  • I want to get my MBA

I have about 30 more. I wont achieve all of these, but just by writing them down I am one step closer to actually meeting my goals. Cool huh?

No comments: