Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Jamba Juice is the best - Panera Bread too


I love Jamba Juice and Panera Bread.

Today I woke up and went for breakfast at Panera. Had an amazing quiche (yea real men do eat quiche). After meeting with a few new customers at the Boca Raton Excellence studio I picked up a nice Strawberry Nirvana from Jamba Jucie. You know it pure juice no extra junk and only 200 calories.

As you know I am a huge Starbucks fan. As a person who follows the ideas of perfectionism its very important for me to surround myself with quality. Compare the following


Starbucks - Dunkin Donuts/CoffeeTime

Jaguar - Kia

Sony - No name TigerDirect special

Whole Foods - Food Basics/Publics

Of course, you could say its just the price that marks the difference. Thats true. But its also the standards. I would rather do without than to deal with mediocrity. Yes a coffee is a coffee but when you only accept the best then your life changes. You begin to compare and contrast all facets of your life. I give Marianna credit for making me this way. I remember when we purchased our first house. I would have been satisfied with a fixer upper. She refused with no chance at a rebuttal. As far as she was concerned our first home had to have a number of minimums. It had to be in a very good neighborhood. Had to have a nice kitchen, 3 bedrooms, a den for business, a large living room, and basement we could rent out.

In fact because of her we not only bought a way nicer house than I expected, $100,000 more than I thought we could afford, but because of the renters we were able to pay down the mortgage way faster, because it was in a good area we were able to sell it at a huge profit and we were able to run our new business out of the front den for 3 years.

You could say her uncompromising standards set the tone for our Excellence - (nice pun huh!@@)

No comments: