Saturday, March 15, 2008

Thank you Thank you!!


When I was growing up I remember thinking to myself that I would one day meet a beautiful woman, settle down and get a dog. Well, today I had 2 people book and a third couple will likely finish booking tomorrow. As it stands we are very likely to completely book the 08/09 Florida season BEFORE we even get to the September bridal shows.

In Toronto, we usually settle down for appointments around the end of February. I been away for a few weeks and our phone has not stopped ringing. In fact, Marianna has lined up 22 new customer appointments while we were away.

When I was a working guy at S&P Data and Marianna made me quit my job I have to admit I was terrified!! All I kept think was the worse thing that can happen is they take away our house and we end up living with my parents again (funny enough a few years later when Marianna persuaded me into building a brand new house from scratch we did end up back at my parents!!)

So who is responbile for all our success?

I say it all thanks to Marianna. You see it was her courage to try something new, not take the easy road that lead us to set up our Florida office last year. Whenever there was an obstacle (IRS, GST, L1a finding new schools for the kid) Marianna would not only preserver but find out a way to use this info to our advantage.

So I havent settled down, I definitely do not have a dog. But I married a beautiful women.



FloridaHomeMovies.com and ConvocoMedia.com are growing each day. Each does very similar work.

FloridaHomeMovies.com is special in that people who have 8mm old movies film, or 16mm old movie film even VHS tapes can bring their orders (or ship) to us and we will save them from fading by converting the 8mm, 16mm and VHS to a digital format. Our experience is that most regualr folk want the footage on DVD. Some of the more adventurous prefer Minidv or avi for editing.

ConvocoMedia.com is government, small business and large corporations that need a professional trustworthy company to help archieve their company data, or convert training tapes to DVD or even save the legacy of the company by digitizing old photographs and slides.

In both cases, a dedication to quality has been the key to our success. You see, we are ALWAYS looking at ways to improve quality. It begins with education. I current read no less than 4 books a week, 5 trade magazines and track about 10 specialty websites. Partly cause I can't sleep. But another reason is that I feel that the world slowly becoming dumb.

That's right. Have you ever read a book written between 1800 and 1900? Robert Burns
a famous Scotish poet and lyricist is just one example. But how about Oscar Wilde. Oscar Wilde is one of my favorite authors of all time.


As I walk through the mall and listen to people speak, am completely horrified. Worse than that, turn on talk radio. These are the influences of today and most are more concerned with making profanity than saying anything profound!


No I'm not going to get religious - I'm not stepping in that! But, as I have surveyed the demografic of my reads of the blog I have 2 main groups. Young adults aged 20-30 and baby boomers in their 50-60. Either Excellence Photography customers of TorontoHomeMovies.com or
FloridaHomeMovies.com, or USHomeMovies.com. The older group grew up without the benefit of 85 cannels on TV. Video games, cell phones and the Internet did not exist!! Our older custoemrs are likely to have be force to read Shakespeare and read the Bible or Torah. This type of foundation is the building block for character.

So what does this have to do with
FloridaHomeMovies.com and ConvocoMedia.com.

By dedicating ourselves to the preservation of history we spend hour and hour seeing the past. It has made me, Alex, Sacha, Anthony, Aaron, Marianna, Anton,Dima, Manpreet,Vitali, Natasha, Julia, Arthur, Bill, Matt, Tim, and the rest of the team appreciate how little we really know and how important it is to alway improve.


Some of my favorite Oscar Wilde Quotes.

A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing.
Oscar Wilde

A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.
Oscar Wilde

A gentleman is one who never hurts anyone's feelings unintentionally.
Oscar Wilde

A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal.
Oscar Wilde

A man can be happy with any woman, as long as he does not love her.
Oscar Wilde

A man can't be too careful in the choice of his enemies.
Oscar Wilde

A man who does not think for himself does not think at all.
Oscar Wilde

A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction.
Oscar Wilde

A poet can survive everything but a misprint.
Oscar Wilde

A thing is not necessarily true because a man dies for it.
Oscar Wilde

A true friend stabs you in the front.
Oscar Wilde

A work of art is the unique result of a unique temperament.
Oscar Wilde

Ah, well, then I suppose I shall have to die beyond my means.
Oscar Wilde

Alas, I am dying beyond my means.
Oscar Wilde

All art is quite useless.
Oscar Wilde

All bad poetry springs from genuine feeling.
Oscar Wilde

All bad poetry springs from genuine feeling. To be natural is to be obvious, and to be obvious is to be inartistic.
Oscar Wilde

All that I desire to point out is the general principle that life imitates art far more than art imitates life.
Oscar Wilde

All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
Oscar Wilde

Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.
Oscar Wilde

Ambition is the germ from which all growth of nobleness proceeds.
Oscar Wilde

Ambition is the last refuge of the failure.
Oscar Wilde

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde

An excellent man; he has no enemies; and none of his friends like him.
Oscar Wilde

An idea that is not dangerous is unworthy of being called an idea at all.
Oscar Wilde

Anybody can be good in the country. There are no temptations there.
Oscar Wilde

Arguments are extremely vulgar, for everyone in good society holds exactly the same opinion.
Oscar Wilde

Arguments are to be avoided: they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Oscar Wilde

Art is the most intense mode of individualism that the world has known.
Oscar Wilde

As long as a woman can look ten years younger than her own daughter, she is perfectly satisfied.
Oscar Wilde

As long as war is regarded as wicked, it will always have its fascination. When it is looked upon as vulgar, it will cease to be popular.
Oscar Wilde

Between men and women there is no friendship possible. There is passion, enmity, worship, love, but no friendship.
Oscar Wilde

Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.
Oscar Wilde

Biography lends to death a new terror.
Oscar Wilde

By giving us the opinions of the uneducated, journalism keeps us in touch with the ignorance of the community.
Oscar Wilde

Charity creates a multitude of sins.
Oscar Wilde

Children begin by loving their parents; after a time they judge them; rarely, if ever, do they forgive them.
Oscar Wilde

Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde

Conversation about the weather is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde

Death and vulgarity are the only two facts in the nineteenth century that one cannot explain away.
Oscar Wilde

Deceiving others. That is what the world calls a romance.
Oscar Wilde

Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people by the people for the people.
Oscar Wilde

Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to.
Oscar Wilde

Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught.
Oscar Wilde

Every portrait that is painted with feeling is a portrait of the artist, not of the sitter.
Oscar Wilde

Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.
Oscar Wilde

Everybody who is incapable of learning has taken to teaching.
Oscar Wilde

Everything popular is wrong.
Oscar Wilde

Experience is one thing you can't get for nothing.
Oscar Wilde

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes.
Oscar Wilde

Experience is the name every one gives to their mistakes.
Oscar Wilde

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months.
Oscar Wilde

Fathers should be neither seen nor heard. That is the only proper basis for family life.
Oscar Wilde

Hatred is blind, as well as love.
Oscar Wilde

He has no enemies, but is intensely disliked by his friends.
Oscar Wilde

How can a woman be expected to be happy with a man who insists on treating her as if she were a perfectly normal human being.
Oscar Wilde

How marriage ruins a man! It is as demoralizing as cigarettes, and far more expensive.
Oscar Wilde

I always pass on good advice. It is the only thing to do with it. It is never of any use to oneself.
Oscar Wilde

I am not young enough to know everything.
Oscar Wilde

I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.
Oscar Wilde

I am the only person in the world I should like to know thoroughly.
Oscar Wilde

I can resist everything except temptation.
Oscar Wilde

I can stand brute force, but brute reason is quite unbearable. There is something unfair about its use. It is hitting below the intellect.
Oscar Wilde

I choose my friends for their good looks, my acquaintances for their good characters, and my enemies for their intellects. A man cannot be too careful in the choice of his enemies.
Oscar Wilde

I have nothing to declare except my genuis.
Oscar Wilde

I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.
Oscar Wilde

I like persons better than principles, and I like persons with no principles better than anything else in the world.
Oscar Wilde

I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read in the train.
Oscar Wilde

I put all my genius into my life; I put only my talent into my works.
Oscar Wilde

I regard the theatre as the greatest of all art forms, the most immediate way in which a human being can share with another the sense of what it is to be a human being.
Oscar Wilde

I see when men love women. They give them but a little of their lives. But women when they love give everything.
Oscar Wilde

I sometimes think that God in creating man somewhat overestimated his ability.
Oscar Wilde

I suppose society is wonderfully delightful. To be in it is merely a bore. But to be out of it is simply a tragedy.
Oscar Wilde

I think that God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.
Oscar Wilde

I want my food dead. Not sick, not dying, dead.
Oscar Wilde

If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all.
Oscar Wilde

If one could only teach the English how to talk, and the Irish how to listen, society here would be quite civilized.
Oscar Wilde

If one plays good music, people don't listen and if one plays bad music people don't talk.
Oscar Wilde


No comments: