Thursday, September 14, 2006

My day off on Saturday.


The funny thing about running a successful business( actually businesses) is that your most valuable asset become time. I never truly realized hope important time was until it became a problem.

The past 2 weeks have been insane. But fun. Trying to multi-task work, moving and a bridal show has run me down a bit. Alex actually is sick from it. Hope I dont catch it.

So when I go to a wedding, I like to joke that its my day off. Really.

No email, computers, customers (except the Bride and Groom) just me, my videographer and the wedding. I can be free to concentrate on create incredible images and play.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Funny how everything goes around in circles. Today I went to my favorite Thai restaurant - Thai Bamboo Steeles and Keele) and ran into Dion Salazar. She worked for me almost 10 years ago. After hugs and kisses she asked me about my brother who lives in North Bay. Then later at the studio out of the blue, my brother shows up at the studio for the first time. -- weird. Saw another girl who worked for me at the bridal show.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Every night for the past week I've been meeting Brides and Grooms. Selling is a really complicated process. Push too hard and you look desperate, push too little you look snobby. I try sell using a technic I learned from a guy name Bradford Rowley. First I ask a lot of questions. This way I can learn about who I am dealing with and tailor my answers to their needs. There is nothing more annoying to me then when I go check a place out and they try to show me something I'm not interested in. Again I figure if my time is valuable so are my guests.

Then I try to be as honest and straight forward as I can. Even if mean that disqualify myself from their list of people. No point on having someone with a $2000 budget for photography come in a expect a $4000 package. On the other hand, I want everyone to know exactly what they are in for.

One of my biggest pet peaves when booking my wedding was when I would have to drag out all the details from the sales guy. I want a final price and know what I'm getting.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Every time I turn around LCD prices are dropping . Damn I want this new TV - If you talk to Marianna try to convince her for me - OK!

No comments: