Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Dvořák Drum Corp and The Simpsons


Yesterday was a wierd day. I started off going to the gym. When I reached the 40 pounds lost mark I decided to reward my hard work with more hard work. I've hired a personal tranier. Its been a dream of mine for nearly 2 years. So after putting away pennies for the past few months I waited until I reached my goal and went for it.

I write about how I think I doomed myself to pain by being me another time.

Anyhow. As we are (well I am) working out we get to talking. I had a memory (I wonder if I every mentioned the memory game Marianna and I play).

I remembered 1990 I was at the Ramapo College campus in New Jersey training for the 1990 Drum Corps season with the Cadets of Bergen county. Every Tuesday we would have a 5 mile run. Anyhow, as I was telling him this I was immediately overwhelmed with incredible memories of the past. Travelling throughout the USA, pushing myself to the limits. I couldnt help but think about how soft I have become. Well, I'm feeling the pain of the gym today.

Drum Corp involves performing music on the a football field. An 11 minute show with Brass instrucments, drums and Dancers. You can only be a member until 23 I believe, but it used to be 21. At 21 you age out and cannot be a member anymore. Its one of the most painfull memories I have. In fact, on the night of your last performance we always leave our shoes on the field and walk off in socks.

Im actually tearing up. boohoo.

Anyhow the day wa crazy at the office with one appointment after the next. I[m working on a new project I cant discuss but it involves several multinational companies and online advertising.

Finally everyone was a sleep and I though I would wind down by going to see the new Simpsons movie. I wont ruin it for anyone, its a good movie. But I had a terrible experience. I got there early and got to sit in my favorite seat - front row centre. I had to wait 20 minutes and the place filled up. At the last second these to guys sat to my left. They wouldn't shut up. The one guy close to me made comments on every scene. I too nice to say anything but it completely ruined the movie for me. It was watching the baseball game with the radio on to describe what I'm seeing. By the end of the movie I was falling asleep in my chair.

Cant wait for Friday - The new Bourne movie comes out. I've read every single Robert Ludlum book.

No comments: