Sunday, November 12, 2006

Expanding ones vision.

It's not enough just to snap pics. When we shoot, weather its video or photo, we are actually utilizing all the experiences in life to take a single shot. I'm always reminded of a famous scene in a movie or painting when I look through my viewfinder. This post may not sound completely coherent. Its 830, kids woke up at 6:00 and immediate jumped into our bed. Course, Alex and I left the studio at 3am.


Here 's are example of a scenes I saw the last time I was in Paris.









I remember one time sitting on the water, in the middle of some ocean and thinking that famous painters spent months and months creating their famous master pieces (read the words again - "Master" ---- "Pieces") and yet as wedding photographers we are expected to document a person's wedding and create "our" master pieces (hundreds of them) in less than 12 hours.

Now this is why I get so upset when I see photographers with their cameras above their heads blowing off bull shit shots without a care in the world as to what they are doing. Our "Patrons" deserve better than that.

1 comment:

Johnny said...

I live in Seattle right next to Ruth Chris Steakhouse. Two weeks ago I walked passed there only to see Bill Gates having dinner with two of his higher-ups. I'm guessing the richest man in the world has options, and on that night he had steak there!