Monday, November 06, 2006

Here's a story I could't tell before

Everyday I come across situations that I want to tell people about on this blog. But sometimes, its a little too soon (the bride may read this blog) for me to discuss.

This story though happened a few years ago. Anyhow, the bride knew everything. She bossed the bridesmaids around, yelled at her parents, basically a "bridezilla. But, the biggest problem was that she second guessed all the services. ie. me, the priest, the limo driver and the hall manager. The most notable was the DJ.

She instructed that only ________ ( I can't say the name of the group just in case) be played throughout dinner. This was a 400 person Italian wedding and the bride wanted only very contemporary English pop. Needless, to say the guests kept coming up the DJ (a very well know amazing DJ who bacame redder in the face each minute)

By the time the dancing was to begin all the guests wanted some traditional music. The bride refused. 30 minutes later there were 10 people on the dance floor. The bride went screaming at the DJ in front of everyone and his answer was classic.

The minute you began to show me how to do my job my responsibility for results ended. If you allow me the freedom, I will exceed your expectations.

The point is let the people who know best do their jobs. Within 6 minutes
the floor was packed with dancing guests.

Its cool to be a wedding photographer - we see all. Like a fly on the wall -- hay that rhymed.

No comments: