Sunday, January 07, 2007

Finally back to work!

The bridal show is on and I'm cruising along. We're down at the Metro Convention centre at Canada's Bridal show. Last day is tomorrow (Sunday) If you want to visit and say hi I'm in booth numner 1530 - I take my coffee black.

I saw a number of 2007 clients - guys if you want to stop by and drop off your January 15th instalment, no problem. I even have my receipt book.

You jnow I've never watched the show. It's been 10 years and I've never bothered. Its probably a guy thing, but I can't get excited watching dress parade down the stage. I keep hoping someone will trip and then start thinking about the chocolate fountain and take off.

I've not seen anything amazing this year. Everyone is still copying everyone. We decided not to bring our video demo. Last years cool fxs were copied and shown everywhere. One cool thing is that no one has yet caught on to our new digital effect series.

Heres a sample of one of my favorited - glow.














Its just a matter of time.


New version of Photoshop is coming out. CS3 - Photoshop is now one the most powerful tools in photography. But let me be clear. Its not a fix it tool. Too often, photographers even professionals, rely too much on the capabilties of Photoshop. I was speaking to one of my competitors and what we decided was that after 5 solid years of digital photography, only recently have the majority of photographers learned that the medium of photography may of changed but lighting, composition and the rules of engagement have not. You still need to be able to expose correctly, communicate effectively and have a complete workflow to be successful.

No comments: