Monday, May 29, 2006

Why I don't use the phone.

Imagine what it would be like to have to run a business 20 years ago.

-No internet
-No email
-No ftp
-No instant messaging
-No E receipts
-No PDFs
-Databases

Basically you had the telephone and tons of paper work.

I recently had a lovely Bride call on Thursday. Packing day for us. Friday was crazy with shoots and final preparations for a long weekend of weddings. So by the time I returned her call it was today - Monday.

Another Bride - who wrote this amazing email

(We) had our engagement photos taken yesterday. Not only did the weather turn out to be perfect but John you made the experience exciting, fun and adventertous. (Groom) is not one that likes taking pictures and i was soooo nervous but we both felt that it went awesome
(we hope) We loved the variety and amount of pictures you took and can't wait to see them all. We wanted to send a THANK YOU for making our experience with you so far a great one! Choosing our photographer was the hardest choice we had to make and we feel we made the best one. You are both so easy to talk to, flexible and understanding......kinda like friends. What else could we ask for in a photographer. Thanks for a great experience so far....looking forward to seeing the pics and ...well....keep up the good work


I don't have permission to reprint this email so in the event that they wanted to keep their names private -- well you know.

Anyhow the point of this blog entry is to let you guys know that you have to email me your questions. Marianna gets every email at the same time so we both read your emails usually within minutes.

My WorkFlow.

Email comes in for any of the 5 companies I run. ALL go to my BlackBerry and my Gmail account. Every email I send from my Blackberry gets automatically forwarded to my Gmail account.

Gmail is a world changing product. The most incredible aspect is that I can search by an parameter to find all emails.

For example:

Lets say Maria (good Italian bride) or Gus (great Greek Groom) sends me instructions for their wedding day using the Wedding Day Info form. I will get that form as an email in Gmail and my Blackberry. I read it to make sure it has all the info I need and send a thank you email back.

When I get to the studio I go onto Gmail search "Gus" and every email I have ever sent or received appears in a list by date (pretty pretty cool )

I print a copy for the file.

Now we will be off to Florida in a few weeks. If you leave a message at the studio I access it through Skype and return all calls, but usually after the kids are in bed. But if you email me I return the email immediately. :)


SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Don't call me I'll call you.

Ok just kidding around. Call if you need to speak us anytime. But understand that if you email our responseto your questions will be much much faster.

 Posted by Picasa

No comments: