Thursday, August 30, 2007

What a fine day - I played my Bugle





Remember Click on the photo to see it full size!!










The Cadets

Nine Time World Champions
The Cadets, a program of Youth Education in the Arts, are one of the oldest and most honored marching music ensembles in the world. Formed in 1934 as the Holy Name Fife and Drum Corps, the Cadets are 9-time
World Champions and 20-time National Champions.












When I was younger I was part of a group of musicians called the Oakland Crusaders. From the time I was 15 till I left the group when I was 20, I would get together with about 60 friends and instructors, support staff and travel around Canada and the USA. When I was 20 I join The Cadets. (see below, they came in second this year :(




Click here to see more about DCI - drum corp international

Anyhow,

Today I got given to me a Baritone. Seriously, I used to sleep with my horn. I immediately looked at the dents and started to push them out, I wanted to stop and pick up of valve oil and white gloves. I think I'll stop at Sobey's tonight and see if they have Silver polish.

So when I got home the first thing I did was go into the basement, search for a mouthpiece (yea I know - insert joke here). I ran upstairs to play for Marianna, who was not impressed.

So then I played for the kids, who thought it was cool for about 2 minutes. Then the neighbors kids came home and they took off.

In the end I ended up playing with myself (yea yea funny funny). So much fun until Marianna told me to be quiet she was making phone calls, and the neighbour came out and politely asked if I could play softer her baby was sleeping.

hoohum the life of a musician/photographer.







Division I
Blue Devils 98.000
The Cadets 97.025
The Cavaliers 96.350
Phantom Regiment 94.850
Santa Clara Vanguard 94.175
Carolina Crown 94.150

No comments: