Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Back to the old days


A few years ago I hit rock bottom. I'm not going to tell the whole sad story, suffice to say life sucked. I lived with my parents, my car was a 1984 Lemans station wagon, my finace (not Marianna -- duh) was cheating on me and I was broke.

I can't remember the precise moment things changed but it started with a decision. It was simple. This cannot continue.

Now today I have 2 incredible children a supermodel wife (really) and 5 successful businesses and I'm not happy. Well my mom is sick (recovering thank g_d) But, for the past few months I've been not completely happy. I can't explain why and thats the most frustrating thing.

Life goes in cycles, slowly as our experiences affect our expectations the circles getting bigger every year.

Anyhow----- A few years ago I started the day with writing in my personal diary all the things I dream about and an affirmation list ( all the things I am grateful for) Sounds corny I know, but it works. I would begin the day in a positive mood thankfull for all that I have.

I've gotten out of the habit. I used to spend the first 15 minutes at the office for me. Everyone knew and wouldn't bug me. But lately I've ran into the office tackled the 20 things on my mind as I drove here and forgot about me.

This cannot continue.
__________________________________________________________________


No comments: