Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Got my laptop!















Today has to be a quick one, I'm soooooo busy. Anyhow, got my laptop ofter much BS. Purolator is by far the worst company in the world.

Super fast timeline.

  • ordered from dell
  • 5 days later they ship
  • 3 days later purolator attempts to delivery before 9 am even though I noted to dell and called purolater the day before, there is no one here until 9:30
  • They leave no note saying they were here I only found out by tracking through dell
  • I spend 2 hours at the depot only to be told they will call

I'm getting upset again so I will finish another time.


I did learn a very cool thing last night. I figured out how to use our newest reel to reel audio tape machine. 30 years ago this sold for over 10,000$




Reel to Reel transfers are an art. There are so many things that can go wrong when converting audio. It reminds me of the old days when I used to edit wedding video swith the old panasonic wj-ave5.

I seriously used to make wedding video using the bloew mixer and 2 VHRs. I remember slowly sliding the bar from one channel to the next with a cool circle FX as a transition. Nice.

No comments: